5 things we learnt from Obama trip
27 July 2015, 17:12
Nairobi - Obama came and went. What did we learn from his visit to the country?
1. Uhuru enjoyed himself - For once, the spotlight was not on Uhuru and he loved it very much. He looked settled and happy to play second fiddle behind US President Barack Obama who was the undisputed headline maker.
2. Kenya is united - Despite what politicians say in terms of tribalism and so on, there is an unmistakeable peace that Kenyans have that was shown over the weekend. With the politicians out of the limelight, you saw a Kenya settled with happiness derived from having the world's most powerful man in the country.
3. Nairobi can be clean - We all saw it. The city was clean and it was effortless. More of the same, Governor Kidero.
4. Uhuru too can speak - The focus was on Obama and rightly so, but it was evident this weekend that President Kenyatta too can speak and well too. His speeches were as good as gold and they made sense. Good sense.
5. Ruto is not consequential - Read it the way you like but the fact that Ruto was treated in the manner he was during Obama's visit says a lot. It shows that either he is not consequential to the Jubilee government or he is a very patient man.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.