5 things to know about Obama's Kenya visit
24 July 2015, 09:17
Nairobi - 5 things to know about US President Barack Obama's visit to Kenya.
1. Obama is first sitting US President to come to Kenya- Bill Clinton has come to Kenya several times and probably even fathered a brother to Chelsea and a knows a word or two of Swahili, but Obama will be the first President in office to visit Kenya and he is number 44 on the list. Yes, all the way down to 44.
2. No Michelle, Malia, Sasha Obama on Kenya trip- Thankfully for the Maa fella who had prepared 100 heads of cattle to offer for Malia Obama's hand in marriage, they can remain in his paddock. The reason for the first ladies not coming to Kenya is as official as it is official Obama stopped smoking.
3. Sorry Kogelo, maybe next time- The chances of a US President ever going to Kogelo are officially zero. Well, Obama said himself that he would have gone to Kogelo if he had the power to choose where to go to. Apparently he does not, and we call him the most powerful man on the planet!
4. Joe Biden is not US President- So unlike when a personal visit to the Hague meant that the Deputy President of Kenya was sworn in as the fifth President of this great country's history but then it emerged that when the actual fourth President of Kenya returned, there was no un-swearing or re-swearing into office (Forgive the language), there will be no such shenanigans back in Washington DC. Joe Biden remains firmly in his place.
5. The 'Beast' does not fly- Since Obama's machinery or so to speak arrived in Kenya, there have been several things said about the 'Beast' or the three or four or five or six or seven that have been brought into the country to aid the US President's movement around Nairobi. News24 has however confirmed that despite common talk, the 'beast' cannot fly in-case need arises. Or can it?
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.