5 seek to replace Muchai in Kabete by election
23 February 2015, 13:37
Nairobi - 5 people have declared their interest in the vacant Kabete parliamentary seat following the death of former MP George Muchai.
The seat is expected to largely be competed for by the Jubilee Alliance Party, with Kabete being a party stronghold.
So far, the five have insisted that they will seek nomination from the Jubilee party to vie for the seat.
The most high profile of the five is former area MP Lewis Nguyai, who said he will try his luck for the seat.
" I will seek election for the seat via the Jubilee Alliance Party," he told News24.
Others are Wanjiku Kinuthia, current Kiambu
county assembly chief whip Charles Arahuka, James Wanjohi and a former diplomat John Mburu, who are all eyeing the Jubilee Alliance ticket.
The by election will be held on 4 May 2015, after the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commision IEBC announced Sunday.
Muchai was murdered by unknown gunmen three weeks ago along Kenyatta Avenue in Nairobi, together with his two bodyguards and driver.
The motive for the murder is yet to be known.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.