Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


MyNews24 is a user-generated section of News24 Kenya. The stories here come from users.

Latest Badges:

13 sacked by Ole Lenku in Westgate cull reinstated

21 August 2015, 16:36 Willia Korir

Nairobi - 13 officials sacked by the government in the aftermath of the Westgate attack have been re-instated by a Nairobi court.

The government has been directed to reinstate the 13 senior immigration ministry officers sacked after the September 2013 Westgate terror attack, which left 67 people dead.

The civil servants were kicked out by former Interior Cabinet Secretary Joseph ole Lenku after being accused of jeopardizing national security by aiding illegal immigrants to get into the country.

In an 11-page ruling, Employment and Labour Relations Court judge Maureen Anyango directed that they be reinstated.

" All the 13 officers should be reinstated to their original stations in the Immigration Department," she added.

She said that for employees, it is vital that they are able to work in stations that they are used to and trained for, instead of being taken elsewhere.

" Instead of reinstating them to their original jobs, the government re-deployed them and re-designated them by giving them new jobs".

" Employment is not just a matter of going to work and earning a salary. An employee gets some form of self-fulfillment and satisfaction after doing a good day’s work and when the job is not fulfilling, one gets frustrated.

Ole Lenku had claimed that the move was to make an example of other officials who are asleep in key government positions.

The Westgate attack saw 67 people killed and raised the spotlight on what the government is doing to stop terrorists from accessing the country.

For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!

- MyNews24

Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.

Read News24’s Comments Policy

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Jayne Zack
I am in ODM to stay, Busia Depu...

Busia Deputy Governor Kizito Wangalwa told Deputy President William on the face that he was in the Orange Democratic Movement to stay. Read more...

Boda Boda operators in Bahati rai...

Motorbike Boda Boda operators from Bahati Sub county on Tuesday took to the streets of Nakuru’s CBD lamenting over what they term is harassment by patrol police officers in the area. Read more...

Submitted by
Gabriel Ngallah
Human Rights activist lives in fe...

The Human rights fraternity in Mombasa is currently living in fear after the home of one of the vocal human rights champion was invaded on Monday night. Read more...

Submitted by
kel wesh
Poisonous milk powder siezed by K...

The Kenya Revenue Authority has seized two containers with illegal milk powder which had been declared as gypsum board at Mombasa port. Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
Be ready for protests, Raila warn...

Expect protests if meddling with Auditor General continues, Raila Odinga has said. Read more...

Submitted by
Kenya says will return to interna...

Kenya will return to international markets to borrow when it feels the time is right, National Treasury Cabinet Secretary Henry Rotich said on Tuesday. Read more...