10 weird women habits that put men off
07 April 2015, 12:02
When it comes to relationships, there are certain habits that women do that hurt their relationships, and self. Sometimes we think we are perfect, but some of the things we do annoy our men. Here are 10 weird habits that put men off:
1. Secretly going through his phone, emails and looking for other password-protected stuff. It’s always tempting and you are always curious to find out what he is protecting but if you catch yourself trying to hack your lover’s privacy, it’s time to grow up.
2. Purposely trying to make him jealous. Frequently talking about your ex is irritating and turns him off. Informing him you’ve got other options, flirting on social media is unacceptable and should be reserved for teenagers who are yet to learn their lessons and grow.
3. Threatening to withhold something especially a conversation, sex or personal items to get your way is not only selfish but also immature.
4. Nagging, being petty and issuing ultimatums to him like “Do this or I’m done” and “Maybe we should break-up” is a terrible habit. Men do not just dislike being threatened; no grown, mature man is going to put up with the stressful, constant vulnerability of their entire relationship.
5. Openly sharing or even hinting at any petty arguments and personal business publicly. Causing drama in public over personal matters. How about toning down that drama a bit.
Read Also: Bad behaviour must be blamed on parents
6. Involving your friends in your relationship. This is a common habit with women. Don’t let your friends make decisions for your relationship. Value opinions but also be mature enough to make final decisions for yourself. There’s a fine line between friends looking out for you when you’re in an unhealthy relationship, and friends trying to handpick a mate for you.
7. Bringing up his past mistakes in every disagreement. It’s so easy to do this because we often forgive without forgetting, but we’ve all had plenty of screw-ups and none of us wants to be reminded of them regularly so it’s better you accept they were wrong and move on.
8. Comparing your relationship to others' and setting standards for him will obviously strain your relationship. Comparing your relationship with others’ leads to jealousy and insecurity. Learn how to ease feelings of insecurity when your relationship doesn’t reflect a perfect relationship.
9. Telling lies constantly is unnecessary. Lying is obviously terrible, pointless and uncalled for. We find ourselves lying to protect our relationships with others or avoiding unnecessary concern and conversations but that’s not for you if yours is a serious, grown relationship.
10. Realizing you’re not interested in someone and choosing to suddenly start ignoring them instead of being honest and telling them how you feel. You might not want to hurt him for declining his interest but what’s worse for him is speculating what to make of your complete silence or respectfully finding out there’s no romantic potential with you. It doesn’t hurt when you walk up to him and tell him why it can’t work for you.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.