10 habits that ruin relationships
18 July 2016, 08:42
Here are 10 habits that are ruining your relationship:
1. ACTING LIKE YOU ARE A SINGLE. A love relationship is for two people, and acting like you are still single shows that you are not ready to commit to that person. When you are in relationship you should keep accountability of the other person's feelings.
2. BEING FINANCIALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOURSELF ONLY. Money issues are huge challenge in relationships. When you go around spending as if you are the only one in the union, things begins to fall apart and you might end up single.
3. HAVING NO OTHER INTERESTS. You need your own life, friends, interest hobbies and alone time. These things may have attracted your partner in the first place. To break codependency false bond, make a list of how and with whom you spend your free time with.
4. BEING OVER-SENSITIVE AND INSECURE. Nothing hurts in relationship more than feeling unworthy; insecurity leads to jealousy. Don't keep the past as it will lead to lies. Keep off the past and focus on the present.
Read Also: Why many Christian marriages don't work
5. ROLLING YOUR EYES, BEING ULTRA SARCASTIC, AND NOT HONOURING YOUR PARTNER. We all like wit and humour but when disrespect and nasty behaviour sets in, it is abusive.
6. LACK OF AFFECTION. It is important to keep the magic going - continue to touch each other in gentleness, kiss each other as you leave the house and send kind messages throughout the day. Lack of affection is a sign that you are growing apart.
7. TEXTING OR BEING ON YOUR PHONE INSTEAD OF TALKING AND LISTENING TO YOUR PARTNER. Social media and technology have been an incredible asset in our society. However, it can also lead to death of a relationship. Put the phone away, turn off the computer and sit together to have a meal or take a walk around the block.
8. NAGGING. There is something insidious about a repetitive unpleasant sentence that forces us to do nothing. Nagging kills joy in relationship. One person repeatedly make a request, the other person repeatedly ignores. The best way to end nagging is to address the issue, make your partner aware that you have heard the request and it will be addressed.
9. DISHONESTY. This is the poison of many relationships. If you can't trust the one person that you believe has your best interest at heart, you don't belong in that relationship.
10. COMPULSIVE BEHAVIOUR. If you are spending your time shopping, over indulging in food, alcohol or porn, you have reached a point where you don't value your partner.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.