10 guys you should never marry
18 July 2016, 10:34
Have you stopped looking for Mr Right and instead started looking for a man who is perfect for you? Avoid these 10 dudes:
10: THE COMMITMENT-PHOBE. Finally locked down the guy every girl’s been chasing? Well, I got news for you. Just because he finally decided to knuckle down and commit doesn’t mean he’s committed. If he used to be a commitment-phobe, he may never invest in the relationship.
9. THE REBEL. A lot of women are attracted to the bad boy. There’s just something mysterious and romantic about him. But a lot of times the rebel in the society is also a rebel in marriage and pretty soon, you’ll find him rebelling against you.
8. THE NARCISSIST. Narcissus was an ancient Greek mythological figure who was so beautiful that he fell in love with himself – but because he couldn’t leave his own reflection in the water, he eventually drowned. A person who is a narcissist is so obsessed with their own strengths that they don’t see their weaknesses. Marrying a narcissist is a very one-sided relationship. They’re always trying to vaunt their own greatness – often at the expense of others.
7. THE CONTROL FREAK. Everybody likes to have things their own way. Unfortunately, because men are socialized to express hostility and anger when they don’t get what they want, a man who is a control freak can often become intimidating and even abusive (physically or mentally).
6. THE I-KNOW-MORE-THAN-YOU. It’s a good thing to marry a person for his brains. But be careful because you might end up marrying a know-it-all. And you’ll always be on the wrong – even your own opinion will be wrong.
Read Also: 4 indicators of a mature relationship
5. THE MAMA’S BOY. You’ve heard that how a man treats his mother is how he’ll treat you. So you look for a guy who is close to his mom and spends a lot of time with her. But be careful; if he’s too close to her you might find yourself married to his mother too.
4. THE PRETTY BOY. Get used to spending your weekends at the mall looking for new clothes instead of going for soccer practice. But at least you’ll have a great looking house and car (even if you can’t afford it).
3. THE PUSHOVER. As mentioned before, everybody likes to have their own way. So when you find a guy who lets you do whatever you want and doesn’t complain about it, you want to grab him up. But after a while you’ll find yourself making all the decisions. And then you’ll find yourself complaining because he doesn’t pull his own weight.
2. THE MANLY MAN. This guy talks about sports, beer and hunting all the time. Sure, he’s rugged but you better be prepared to change all the diapers and do all the housework. And forget about him getting you something nice for Valentine’s Day because real men don’t do that mushy stuff.
1. THE FITNESS FREAK. Who doesn’t want a guy with chiseled abs and nice arms? But despite all his good (physical) traits, you may soon find that the gym is taking up an exorbitant amount of time in your family’s life. And you’ll find yourself using phrases like “did you beat your PR today, honey?” But more importantly, a man who lets the gym run his life has let the servant become the master and you’ll soon find that he has other priorities out of whack, too.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.