Why get up 30 minutes earlier?
23 August 2016, 08:01
Because it has great fat-busting potential. Make any (or all) of these 6 early morning rituals a healthy habit:
1. Drink lemon water or green tea when you wake up to boost your digestive system and/or start burning fat.
2. Greet the sun. Research shows people who catch those first sunrays every day tend to have a lower body mass index than folks who sleep in.
3. Stretch your body to reduce muscle tension, retain flexibility, make you feel good and give you a sense of purpose.
Read Also: Basically the things men want me to be loyal to, I just can’t
4. Meditate stress away. Mindfulness meditation (where you, for example, focus your full attention on the inflow and outflow of breath) may help you cope better with psychological stress.
5. Work it out. Research shows aerobic exercises (running, cycling, elliptical machine) burn more fat than other types of exercise.
6. Don’t skip breakfast - it's a fact, it slows down your metabolism. Fibre and protein replenish glycogen stores that supply your muscles with energy.