Users' shocking sexual fetishes
25 May 2016, 19:15
If you thought your lover's obsession with your feet was a peculiar sexual turn on, then think again! These days the strangest things - including seeing one's partner with someone else, seems to get people in the mood.
When it comes to sexual fetishes, people are becoming more open to express their fantasies and Health24 readers have done just that.
These are some of the most uncommon sexual fetishes readers revealed on our sexology forum:1. 'My husband shaves his public hair like a woman and wears my panties'
After being married for 20 years, this wife spotted a difference the way her husband groomed his pubic area. She also noticed some changes to her underwear drawer. When she confronted her husband he confessed to wearing her panties.
2. 'I enjoy scat (feces) and vomit sex'
This 25-year-old man forced his partner to participate in some unusual foreplay activities. He admits that he is obsessed with scat sex and other related activity and describes his fetish as 'unusual' and 'sick'.
3. 'Turned on by seeing my wife with other men'
This man discovered a strange sexual fetish after he walked in on his wife cheating with another man. What shocked him more than her affair was that he enjoyed watching her with someone else.
4. 'Fantasies about a brother and sister relationship'
This husband’s fantasies involve preteen siblings having sex.
5. 'Obsessed with vaginas'
This 29-year-old woman, who is happily married to a man, says that she cannot get enough of looking at vaginas – her own and that of other women.
Being preoccupied with a specific object or characteristic for sexual arousal is a brain wired activity that is more common than people think.
Fetishism is particularly difficult for couples who do not share the same fetish, especially when one partner discovers their sexual fantasy later in life, explains Health24’s sexologist, Dr Marelize Swart.
Although fetishism can be very resistant to change, in most cases couples can accommodate each others preferences but says that “illegal or forbidden fantasies (such as incest), should never be acted on.”
She gives the following advice to people with sexual fetishes:
- See a therapist if you or your partner are not comfortable with your sexual fetish or if you are afraid it might lead to forbidden behavior
- If you aren’t in a relationship then find a partner on a website that caters to your specific fetish so that both people can be comfortable with the sexual activity
- Communicate with your partner and make sure you are both comfortable at all times
- Never force your partner to participate in any sexual activity
Do have questions about your sexual fantasies? Ask our sexologist.
What your fantasies say about youTry something new