Spot the signs of job burnout
18 August 2016, 15:03
It is 4am and you're pacing the house, having imaginary conversations with your boss, drafting an imaginary letter of resignation, fighting a sense of outrage and inadequacy and worrying about your lack of interest in your allotted task and lack of care for your clients or staff.
You could be suffering from serious job burnout, and you need to take action before this ends in heart failure, a stroke or murder.
Signs of burnout
• You’re less efficient and productive in your job
• You often need to take days off
• You feel you have a lack of control over commitments
• You don’t care about others’ feelings
• You feel depressed and negative
• You’ve lost interest in social or sexual activities
• You eat or drink too much
Read up on the ‘burnout personality’, how to recognise it and what you can do to become your old self again