Secrets of longest living people
06 December 2014, 09:51
Nairobi - Ever wondered why some societies live longer than others, and why?
US explorer Dan Buettner traversed the globe in search of the secrets of the longest-living people and what they have in common.
He found the top 5 longest living societies all have the following factors in common:
- An environment that encourages a healthy diet and plenty of exercise
- Healthy relationships with other people and good psychological health
- Looking after gardens
- Having a spirit of cooperation
- Easily accessible public health
- Being valued as seniors by their families and communities
These people all live in what Buettner describes as Blue Zones. Find out where these zones are and the unique social, psychological and environmental factors that come together in these zones and give the inhabitants the edge on longevity.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!