How to avoid getting lipstick on your teeth
21 August 2015, 18:48
I am a believer in the power of the lipstick. I wear lipstick daily, even over weekends. Yes. It just makes me feel happier.
Whether you only wear lipstick when you go out on the town or on a hot date, I’m sure we all want to steer clear of the dreaded smudge.
Here are a few easy tricks for keeping lipstick off your teeth:
1. According to wikiHow, applying a tiny amount of Vaseline or petroleum jelly on your teeth can prevent your lipstick from bleeding.
2. One of the easiest and perhaps best known ways to avoid lipstick-stained teeth, is to put your finger in your mouth, close your mouth around your finger and pull through.
This will allow all the lipstick that is on the inner part of your lip to rub off onto your finger and not your teeth.
3. According to Stylecraze.com, one must blot your lipstick after applying to remove any access oils. Most lipsticks contain oils which can cause your lipstick to move about freely. Blotting is a great preventative measure. Matte lipsticks are also a better bet as they tend to stay on your lips longer.
4. Try not to apply too much. Steer clear from applying lipstick to the utmost inner layer of the lip. The less lipstick there is, the smaller the risk of it rubbing off onto your teeth.
5. Dab some translucent powder onto your lips after you’ve applied lipstick. This will allow the product to settle, leaving it smudge free.
View on YouTube
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!