How lemon juice, ice cubes and Epsom salts can make you look younger
19 October 2015, 08:12
The best beauty secrets are usually the ones that don’t come in a glass bottle that promises miracle.
They are the natural, cost effective or strange remedies that have been tried and tested for decades by women all over the world.
We asked the Women24 community to tell us their best beauty remedies. From using lemons to Vaseline, these remedies will help your skin, hair and feet to stay fabulous.
Here are the 13 beauty remedies our readers swear by:
1. Rub an ice cube over your face twice a week before going to bed. This helps with acne and prevents wrinkles. Be sure to use the ice cube until it melts.
2. Get rid of that dry flaky skin on your lips by rubbing a toothbrush over them once a week.
3. Fresh lemon juice on cotton wool is the most effect face cleanser.
4. Keep your face creams in the fridge. The cooler temperature will help reduce puffy eyes.
5. Epsom salts is not only good for the bladder, it also happens to be an excellent exfoliator.
Read Also: 10 ways to look younger without using tightening creams
6. We all know that drinking plenty of water is absolutely crucial, but Rooibos tea without sugar is also really good.
7. For strong nails and no more lose bits of skin around your cuticle, massage your hands with olive oil or coconut oil.
8. Use coconut oil or conditioner as a shaving cream to avoid getting a nasty rash.
9. Use egg yolks mixed with mayo for a great hair mask.
10. Use baby bum cream as a moisturiser before going to bed, it’s filled with zinc for beautiful skin.
11. Use Vaseline or baby oil to remove make-up. Vaseline does wonders on the eyes, keeps the skin moisturised afterwards as well.
12. Using turmeric in a homemade face mask helps with acne scars and gives the skin a radiant glow.
13. This is more advice rather than a remedy: treat your neck as well as you treat your face – there’s no point having a lovely face at 50 but your neck looks like a saggy bottom!
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!