Dog saves deaf boy from burning house
23 December 2014, 13:00
Nick Lamb, a 13-year-old deaf boy from Indianapolis recently spent his first time at home alone. That's a big deal for every teen but unfortunately Nick's day didn't end the way he thought it would.
Young Nick usually wears a hearing aid but decided to nap without it. Because of this, Nick didn't hear the smoke alarms beeping when a fire started in their family home's garage.
Lucky for Nick, his family dog, a 2-year-old pitbull named Ace, smelled the fire and quickly attempted to wake his young owner. Ace continued to lick Nick's face until he woke up and they were able to flee the burning home.
Thanks to Ace's quick thinking, everyone got out safely.