Are you addicted to sex?
13 November 2013, 15:51
A question often asked is when to know if someone is addicted to sex. Here is a list of 10 signs that indicate the presence of sexual compulsion:
1) A pattern of out-of-control behaviour
2) Severe consequences due to sexual behaviour
3) Inability to stop despite adverse consequences
4) Persistent pursuit of self-destructive or high - risk behaviour
5) Ongoing desire or effort to limit sexual behaviour
6) Sexual obsession and fantasy as a primary coping strategy.
7) Increasing amounts of sexual experience because the current level of activity is no longer sufficient
8) Severe mood changes around sexual activity
9) Inordinate amounts of time spent in obtaining sex, being sexual or recovering from sexual experience
10) Neglect of important social, occupational, or recreational activities because of sexual behaviour.
If you think you may have a problem, call the SA Sexual Health Association 0860 100 262 for a referral in your area. Also look for books written by Dr Patrick Carnes, "Don't call it Love" an excellent book on Compulsive Sexual Behaviour.