5 easy ways to release stress at work
14 July 2016, 15:07
You’ve got an inbox filled with unread emails and an unchecked list of must-dos the length of your arm. And you’re running out of time... And patience.
According to Everyday Health, excessive stress could seriously derail your health and symptoms could range from forgetfulness to insomnia.
Here are 5 handy things you can do to let go of stress during your work day:
1. Meditate – Close your eyes for a moment. It seriously does wonders, not only to calm you, but also to energise you to get through the rest of your day. If you feel too much pressure and anxiety take a five minute break to meditate and clear your mind. Just don’t fall asleep now!
2. Listen to music – Pick an upbeat song to jam to. But remember not to get too carried away. HR might come knocking if you start belting out Beyoncé’s Formation to the entire floor.
3. Stroll around – Not only will staring at your computer screen hours on end tire your eyes, but it makes you unfocused and less productive. Take a break from your screen every hour and get some fresh air.
4. Laugh – Watching a funny video on YouTube can do wonders for your mood. Laughing reduces cortisol levels and releases endorphins into the body, which is a fantastic way to ease long term stress. It also helps if you have really funny co-workers, of course.
5. Stress eating – Yes, it can be bad for you, but it depends on the type of foods we’re eating. Snack on nuts, blueberries, yogurt and oranges to lower stress.
GIF: The Daily Clog