15 things we hate about Twitter
19 March 2014, 13:13
Abuja - We all have our preferences when it comes to social media. Some like to pin, others find Google+ interesting (why, we don't know) and a few of us even still have a tumblr page. But one social media site no one can live without (in our office, at least) is Twitter.
But like all things in life, it has it's ups and downs. In fact, it has so many downs that we decided to make a list:
1. Being needlessly ill-informed. Where Twoogle (asking followers for information, reviews, recommendations etc) works well, one shouldn’t tweet: So what is the Ukraine?
2. PDAs. It’s cool to wish someone happy birthday or tell someone you miss or love them, but if you regularly share your love for your schnookie wookums don’t be surprised if people start unfollowing your in droves.
3. “Breaking news” when you’re not a source of breaking news. Chances are by the time you’ve read the latest piece of news a dozen actual news stations have tweeted it already and you’ll be carrying coal to Newcastle.
4. Constant subtweeting. Hey, everyone’s guilty of the odd subtweet when you just can’t take it anymore, but making a habit of it makes you sound like a teenage drama queen.
5. Sharing details about your sex life. It’s just embarrassing and everyone wishes you’d stop.
6. Retweeting compliments about yourself ALL THE TIME.
7. Tweeting in text speak. What are you? 13 years old?
8. Anyone who categorises themselves as a ‘social media guru’ in their twitter bio
9. People whose tweets are filled with nothing but self-promo crap (please, please, please stop getting me to buy your products)
10. Twitter trolls. Those who jump in on the conversation, make a lot of noise and then get offended when they’re being challenged in response to their trolling. *headdesk*
11. People who never tweet but only retweet. I’m following you, not those people that you’re retweeting. Also, surely you have an opinion?
12. Signing up to a bot that sends out a daily tweet letting everyone know how many people have followed you and how many people have unfollowed you today.
13. Tweeting pictures and detailed information about your lunch. Unless you are eating something really fascinating, like sea urchins or cow brains, no one cares. NO ONE cares.
14. Always putting a fullstop before you reply to someone. Sometimes it makes sense, other times no one actually wanted to read that conversation.
15. Stealing tweets.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!