Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


Charlie Sheen facing up to 10 lawsuits following HIV announcement

18 November 2015, 11:03

Los Angeles - Charlie Sheen is reportedly set to be sued by up to 10 former sexual partners.

A prominent Los Angeles-based lawyer claims he has been contacted by six women preparing to file lawsuits against the 50-year-old actor, who admitted on Tuesday he was diagnosed as HIV-positive four years ago, for intentional infliction of emotional distress, fraud and sexual battery, claiming he allegedly kept the virus a secret from them.

The unnamed attorney told gossip website TMZ.com that he also had appointments with four other women later on Tuesday, who claim they had both protected and unprotected sex with the star, as recently as last month.

The former Anger Management actor has had at least 200 sexual partners over the past two years, according to another source.

Charlie admitted on Tuesday that he was bracing himself for possible legal battles and revealed he'd paid extortionists approximately $10 million to keep quiet about his condition since being diagnosed in 2011.

He said: "We're talking about shakedowns. I've paid people, not that many, but enough to bring it into the millions and what people forget is that's money you've taken from my kids.

"I trusted them and they were deep in my inner circle, and I thought they could be helpful. My trust turned to their treason. I think I released myself from this prison today."

But the actor also insisted it was "impossible" that he had knowingly transmitted the disease to other people and was upfront with all of his past partners about his condition.

- BangShowBiz


Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Victor Tinto
Man who attacked US Embassy a 24 ...

A man who attacked the US Embassy in Nairobi was a 24 year old from Wajir County. Read more...

Submitted by
Victor Tinto
US Embassy to remain closed Frida...

The US Embassy in Nairobi will remain closed Friday following a terror attack on it Thursday. Read more...

Submitted by
Victor Tinto
Leave ODM if you are unhappy, Rai...

Leave ODM if you are not happy, Raila Odinga tells Senator. Read more...

Submitted by
Victor Tinto
Former Assistant Minister joins J...

A former Assistant Minister has quit PNU and joined the Jubilee Party. Read more...

Submitted by
Victor Tinto
DP Ruto intervenes as Kerio Valle...

DP William Ruto will visit Kerio Valley to try solve never-ending clashes between local residents. Read more...

Submitted by
Wilson Ochieng
ODM MP chased down by angry Kibra...

Kibra MP Ken Okoth had a hard time in his constituency after angry youth pelted him with stones. Read more...