Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


Jeremy Clarkson to give his first interview after being axed from Top Gear

20 May 2015, 11:44

Los Angeles - Jeremy Clarkson is due to give his first BBC interview since leaving Top Gear.

The show's former presenter will appear on Chris Evans' BBC Radio 2 Breakfast Show on Thursday morning.

Announcing the news he said: "It's the first interview he's given, since parting company with the BBC, as far as Top Gear is concerned. And we will be talking about what's going on with him now and Richard (Hammond) and James (May) as well - and what perhaps could be going on in the future."

Jeremy, 55, was informed by the BBC that his contract would not be renewed after he admitted to punching and verbally abusing producer Oisin Tymon.

His exit was received with mix reviews and BBC General Director Tony Hall received death threats for the decision.

Chris has always supported the controversial presenter and previously stated in his column for The Mail on Sunday newspaper that his exit from the show was a "huge loss".

He was rumoured to be being lined up to step into Jeremy's shoes but said at the time: "I'm flattered that others seem to think my involvement would be a good idea. But they're hugely misguided.

"I also happen to think I actually wouldn't be very good at it."

As well as discussing Jeremy's future on the show, it is likely that the car enthusiasts will chat about the Formula One Monaco Grand Prix which runs from Thursday to Sunday.

- BangShowBiz


Read News24’s Comments Policy

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Wilson Ochieng
DP Ruto accuses Raila of selling ...

DP Wiliam Ruto has castigated Raila Odinga for seeking western support to fund his 2017 election bid. Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
Peter Kenneth announces Uhuru 201...

Peter Kenneth has announced that he will support President Uhuru Kenyatta in the 2017 elections. Read more...

Submitted by
Wilon Ochieng
Labour Party to dump both Jubilee...

The Labour Party of Kenya is likely to avoid supportoing both the CORD and Jubilee factions during the 2017 General Elections. Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
Ukambani MP quits Jubilee, to run...

An Ukambani MP has quit the Jubilee Party, citing voter apathy as his reason behind leaving the ruling coalition. Read more...

Submitted by
Victor Tinto
Government launches probe into Po...

The government has launched an inquiry into the circumstances that could have led to two National Police Service helicopter accidents in August and September this year. Read more...

Submitted by
Wilwon Ochieng
Deputy Governor's ally found with...

The EACC has recovered KES 2 million in fake currency from a close ally of Deputy Governor for Tharaka Nithi Eliud Mati. Read more...