Hotel fires person who leaked Solange Knowles footage
16 May 2014, 08:20
Los Angeles - The hotel employee who leaked footage of Solange Knowles attacking Jay Z has been fired.
New York's Standard Hotel announced on Wednesday it has identified and terminated the contract of the person responsible for "breaching the security polices of the hotel and recording the confidential CCTV video".
It's believed the shocking footage, which was recorded in an elevator at the hotel at a Met Gala after party on 5 May, was sold for around $250 000 to gossip website TMZ.
Watch the footage here.
The hotel has now reportedly hired Hollywood lawyer Marty Singer to find out who sold the CCTV recording.
A source told E! News: "There are only a handful of people who'd have access to that tape. The Standard owns that tape.
"Once it was out, Jay Z's people felt they couldn't control it. They were reluctant to try and publicly fight this."
The Standard initially said it was "shocked and disappointed" that the footage had made its way online earlier this week and vowed to support a police investigation into its leak by handing over "all available information".
The three-minute long clip shows Solange, 27, throwing kicks and punches at her 44-year-old brother-in-law. Jay's wife, Solange's sister Beyoncé, is also seen in the footage but does not get involved in the altercation.
Meanwhile, it's claimed that Jay - real name Shawn Carter - and Solange were seen shopping together at a high-end jewellery store in New York City on Tuesday, suggesting all is well in the Knowles-Carter family.