Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


Caitlyn Jenner to escape charges?

24 August 2015, 09:50

Los Angeles - Caitlyn Jenner is expected to escape vehicular manslaughter charges stemming from a fatal car cash in February.

The Los Angeles Sheriff's Department has reportedly clarified it is not recommending a criminal case be filed against the 65-year-old reality TV star, who was known as Bruce Jenner at the time of the accident, despite recent speculation investigators planned to press charges against the former Olympian.

A spokesperson told 'Access Hollywood Live' that the case will be presented to the District Attorney [DA], and the DA will decide whether to press charges or to investigate the case further.

Shiara Davila-Morales, the Chief of the Media Relations Division for the LA County District Attorney's Office, said: "A case has not yet been presented to us and until that happens we cannot make a comment."

Investigators recently determined Caitlyn "set off a chain of events" that resulted in the death of a female driver, Kim Howe, in the multi-car pile-up on the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu earlier this year.

An official report on the incident concluded Caitlyn was driving too fast for road conditions, despite being under the speed limit, and she violated Penal Code section 192(c), which corresponds to misdemeanour vehicular manslaughter law.

If the DA still decides to file a vehicular manslaughter charge against the 'I Am Cait' star next week, she could face up to one year in jail.

For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!

- BangShowBiz


Read News24’s Comments Policy

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Victor Tinto
Man who attacked US Embassy a 24 ...

A man who attacked the US Embassy in Nairobi was a 24 year old from Wajir County. Read more...

Submitted by
Victor Tinto
US Embassy to remain closed Frida...

The US Embassy in Nairobi will remain closed Friday following a terror attack on it Thursday. Read more...

Submitted by
Victor Tinto
Leave ODM if you are unhappy, Rai...

Leave ODM if you are not happy, Raila Odinga tells Senator. Read more...

Submitted by
Victor Tinto
Former Assistant Minister joins J...

A former Assistant Minister has quit PNU and joined the Jubilee Party. Read more...

Submitted by
Victor Tinto
DP Ruto intervenes as Kerio Valle...

DP William Ruto will visit Kerio Valley to try solve never-ending clashes between local residents. Read more...

Submitted by
Wilson Ochieng
ODM MP chased down by angry Kibra...

Kibra MP Ken Okoth had a hard time in his constituency after angry youth pelted him with stones. Read more...