Bieber's vest sells for thousands
21 June 2013, 14:33
Cape Town - A white vest worn by Justin Bieber during his live performance in Cape Town on 8 May has been successfully auctioned off online, going for R32 600 (approximately KES 268 115) to one lucky fan.
The winning bid was made by Richard Meyer, from Johannesburg, CEO of Blu Label Telecomms Ltd, reports 2Oceansvibe.
The auction hosted by bidorbuy.co.za, went "absolutely ballistic" in the final hour, according to 2Oceansvibe – jumping from R11 000 (KES 90 468) to R32 600 (KES 268 115) in a fierce stand-off between the three remaining bidders.
The KES 268 115 bid won Meyer the vest, showcased inside a professionally framed display that includes the singer's drumsticks he used on the night of his Cape Town concert.
Included in the frame is:
1. The Hanes vest he wore on the night.
2. A printed out confirmation from a website that confirms the vest was this exact Hanes vest that Justin Bieber wears all the time.
3. The drum sticks Justin played with on the night.
4.The working crew backstage pass which was used for access to this highly exclusive area backstage where the vest was received.
5. A photo of Justin Bieber taken that night.
6. A signed and police-stamped sworn affidavit, detailing how the vest was acquired.