Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.

 

Ben Affleck shaves off lucky beard

27 February 2013, 13:44

Los Angeles - Ben Affleck shaved off his beard after winning at the Oscars.

The Argo actor-and-director had deemed the facial hair a lucky charm during the awards season but parted with his beard after the film won the Best Picture prize at the Academy Awards on Sunday.

The 40-year-old star removed his facial fuzz during a low-key Oscars after-party in the hallway of Craig's restaurant in west Hollywood.

A source told E! News: "He did it to mark the end of a chapter. It had that ceremonial quality to it."

'It was hated in my home'


The director's showbiz friends - including Argo producer George Clooney and his girlfriend Stacy Keibler - were among the witnesses, and TMZ reports that guests also joined in the fun, helping Ben cut down his chin bush.

Ben had previously admitted his wife Jennifer Garner and their children - daughters Violet, seven, Seraphina, four, and 11-month-old son Samuel - were unimpressed with the bushy beard he grew for his role in the political thriller.

He said: "My wife is a very polite and kind woman. She and the kids did not like the beard. It had an exposed wire vibe. It was hated in my home."

The director was the toast of the awards season this year, with Argo taking home the Best Picture gong at the Oscars, as well as Best Director and Best Film at the BAFTAs and Golden Globe Awards.

- BangShowBiz

NEXT ON NEWS24 KENYAX

Read News24’s Comments Policy

Comment on this story
0 comments
Add your comment
Comment 0 characters remaining

Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Victor Tinto
COTU wants Kambi sacked, threaten...

The Central Organisation of Trade Unions COTU wants Labour secretary Kazungu Kambi sacked and has threatened an August 4 workers strike to drive their point home. Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
Parliament orders suspension of P...

A parliamentary committee has called for the suspension of the reporting date for 10,000 police recruits pending investigations into allegations of graft in the recruitment process. Read more...

Submitted by
John Kioko
CORD accused of intimidating its ...

Richard Onsongo, a Msambweni-based politician has accused CORD of intimidating its Coastal allies by asking them not to associate with the ruling coalition. Read more...

Submitted by
Eugene Odanga
Willy Paul exports Kenyan love to...

Willy Paul has hit the ground running in what should be his second visit to the USA this year on tour to promote his two new songs, “Tam Tam” and “Kwa Vile”.  Read more...

Submitted by
Eugene Odanga
Sauti Sol talk to the beautiful K...

Sauti Sol have a penchant for saying things the way they are and especially when it comes to beauty. Here is a further example. Read more...