SAA flights to Kenya cancelled
07 August 2013, 14:37
Johannesburg - Despite earlier hopes that flights to and from Kenya merely be delayed, SAA has announced that all flights between Johannesburg and Nairobi have been cancelled on Wednesday.
Following a fire that gutted part of the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi Kenyan authoroties have halted all flight operations to and from the airport.
Based on this SAA has cancelled both its scheduled flights on that route for the day - flight SA184 from Johannesburg to Nairobi and flight SA185 from Nairobi to Johannesburg.
While all efforts to resume operations are being made by the Kenyan authorities, it is still early for any indication as to when the operations will resume.
The airline has put a recovery plan in place intended to minimise the impact of the inconvenience to its customers. The plan will be activated as soon as a signal is received indicating that the airport has resumed its operations.
Passengers wishing to cancel or reschedule their flights should take note of the following conditions:
All customers with SAA tickets who are affected by the Nairobi flight cancellations will be offered the following assistance either via our Call Centres, City Ticket Offices, Airport Ticket Offices or through their Travel Agent:
- rebooking on the next available flight (same cabin / same booking class) subject to space;
- all date and flight change fees will be waivered;
- this allowance will apply to South African Airways tickets only and not on any other airline tickets;
- the offer must be taken up and tickets re-issued through an SAA office by 12 August 2013; and
- If you are moving to a later date, all such travel must commence on/before 21 August 2013.