Communications Commissions of Kenya (CCK) said more than one million fake mobile handsets had been switched off on Monday when the exercise begun.
CCK acting Director General Francis Wangusi said Airtel had disconnected 740,000 handsets from its network, Safaricom 680,000, while Orange had blocked 75,000 handsets. yuMobile had not handed its data to the regulator by Monday afternoon.
Wangusi explained that the switch-off was to happen gradually to avoid technical hitches on the operators’ end.
For more visit Capital News