Mubarak, sons to face new Egypt trial
25 November 2013, 10:20
Cairo - Egypt's ousted dictator Hosni Mubarak and his two
sons will face a new trial for using state funds to acquire personal property,
judicial sources said on Sunday.
Mubarak and his two sons, Alaa and Gamal, are accused of
using 125 million Egyptian pounds ($18m) - which had been allocated for
presidential palaces by the ministry of housing - for personal purchases.
Four others are accused in the same case, the sources said,
adding that the date for the trial has yet to be set.
Mubarak is already facing a retrial on charges of complicity
in the deaths of protesters during the 2011 uprising that ended his more than
three decades of rule.
His sons are also on trial in a separate corruption case.