3 suicide bombers die in failed attacks in Nigeria
11 June 2015, 15:19
Bauchi - Police say three women wearing explosive vests blew up near Maiduguri in an apparent failed suicide bombing attack on Nigeria's beleaguered northeastern city.
Dozens have been killed in suicide bombings in Maiduguri over the last week blamed on the extremist Boko Haram group.
A police expert investigating Tuesday's blasts said Wednesday the women's bodies were blown in half by the explosions near the city.
Speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the press, he said most bombs strapped to girls and women are triggered by remote devices, which they have no control over.
Boko Haram has kidnapped hundreds of girls and women in a nearly 6-year uprising aimed at installing Islamic law across Nigeria.
Police commissioner John Opadokun said died Tuesday.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!